- 250g cubed Tofu or mock meat
- 1 ½ x tbsp Hemptyful OG butter sweetened
- ½ x medium finely chopped onion
- 1 x tbsp chopped coriander/ cilantro
- 1 x chopped whole green chilli (de-seeded)
- 1 x chopped clove of garlic
- ¼ x tsp coriander (dhania)powder
- ¼ x tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- ¾ x cups of water
- Oil of your choice
Soak the block of tofu in hot water with a tsp of salt for ½ hr to make it soft. Dice the tofu
- Put 1 tbsp of oil in the pan, add finely chopped onions and allow to sizzle till the onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and keep stirring and adjusting the flame till the garlic start becoming brown.
- Add chopped chilli, coriander and cumin powder
- Add chopped coriander
- Add Hemptyful’s OG sweetened butter and ¾ cups of water.
- Bring it to a simmer and add the tofu strips
- Toss them for 3-4 minutes till the tofu is completely covered in the marinade
- OG Hemp Tofu is ready to serve.
Excerpt from the Chef’s Notebook: The OG Hemp Tofu Satay can also be prepared using the unsweetened OG version. We could then vary the amount of sweetness as required by using any of our favourite sweeteners. You can also have this with mock meat skewers.