- 1 x medium size cauliflower
- 1 x tbsp Hemptyful Salt & Pepper Dip
- 3 x tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 x tbsp Olive oil
- 1 x tbsp Jaggery (finely grated/ powder)
- 4 x tbsp drinking water
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. Rinse them in running water a few times & blanch in hot water for 5-7 minutes (you can also soak in hot water with salt for 5-7 mins). Blanching is done to ensure removal of dirt/ worms that often gets stuck in crevices
- Now roast the florets on a pan without lid for 7-8 minutes on each side, add a splash of water and then place the lid for a further 2-3 minutes. Once you observe slight dark brown spots on the cauliflower florets, you can take the pan off the gas
- Take out our Hemptyful Salt & Pepper Dip, white vinegar, olive oil, jaggery & water in the mentioned quantities in a bowl & stir it well to transform it into a yummy dressing
- Pour the dressing over the roasted cauliflower florets & toss them properly. The dressing should reach every nook and cranny of the florets for maximum delight.
- Prepare yourself to gobble up this novel cauliflower gem of a dish.
Include this appetizer in your feast and it will proudly hold its own! It’s packed with proteins, anti-oxidants and fibre!
Feel free to substitute the cauliflower with broccoli as well with the same dip. It is packed full of plant-based protein, vegan, gluten free, family friendly and easy to prepare.
An excerpt from our Chef’s Notebook: The Hemptyful dip is surprisingly high in protein and yet has a buttery fatty texture and mouthfeel. Hmm…isn’t that exactly what the world of dressings needs?!!!