- 1 ½ x cup boiled chickpea
- 1/3 x cup chickpea water (water that remains after boiling)
- ¼ x tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 2 x tbsp Hemptyful OG butter unsweetened
- 1 x chopped clove of garlic
- 1 x tsp olive oil
- 1 x medium fresh juice of lime
- Salt as required
- Rinse a cup of chickpeas (120 grams) in water and then soak in water with 1 tbsp of salt overnight or for 8-9 hours. Upon soaking, the chickpeas will double in size and volume.
- Rinse the chickpeas in water for a couple of times. Pressure cook the chickpeas for 15 minutes. Save the excess water for later as well.
- For a creamy and enjoyable hummus, it is very important to grind the ingredients in the right order (Top Secret: For a super-smooth hummus remove the skin of each chickpea)
- Grind chickpea with chickpea water for a minute in a mixer-grinder
- Add Hemptyful OG butter unsweetened in the quantity mentioned in the ingredient list along with fresh lime juice (and not bottled please!)
- Add garlic, cumin powder and olive oil (Olive oil to get a rich texture)
- Add salt as per taste and grind with chickpea water till you get the perfect consistency
- A drizzle of olive oil after plating and you are all set to serve. (run and grab your pita)
- Garnish your hummus with roasted red peppers for a red pepper hummus, olives, pine nuts, and extra spices like red paprika & oregano for extra flavours.
How do I have my Hemp Hummus?
Serve hummus with pita bread or with steamed or roasted veggies. You can also have with your favourite falafels. leftover hummus can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
An excerpt from our Chef’s Notebook: The se’SAME’ tahini based hummus needs a revamp. What if we replace it with the Hemptyful Salt & Pepper Dip? It’s got a super tangy flavour that can make the revamp truly outstanding and the creaminess similar to tahini. We can call it the HHH – Healthy Hemp Hummus as the hemp will add proteins, omega-3s and a host of vitamins & minerals to the traditional tahini version