- 1 x roasted medium brinjal
- 1 x medium finely chopped tomato
- 1 x medium finely chopped onion
- 1 x small green chilli finely chopped (de-seeded)
- 2 x tbsps chopped Coriander/ cilantro
- 1 x tbsp Hemptyful Salt & Pepper Dip
- 1 x medium juice of lime
- ½ x tbsp Jaggery (grated or powder)
- Salt as per requirement
- Grill or roast the eggplant. (in case of roasting, halve the eggplant and roast them cut-side down for caramelized deliciousness, to make up for the missing grilled flavour)
- Peel off the skin / scoop the insides
- Remove any seeds as they imbibe some bitterness into our final meal
- Chop the eggplant finely, and empty it into a bowl. Stir it up with a fork as it makes the roasted eggplant fall apart. The resultant texture is perfect for a traditional baba ganoush
- Season with salt as per your taste (salt helps to cut bitterness)
- Add the Hemptyful Salt & Pepper Dip, finely chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro, green chilli, lime juice, jaggery in the above mentioned quantities & mix
- Prime yourself to serve up this high in protein and tangy Baba Ganoush with your favourite accompaniments.
What do we have Baba Ganoush with?
This is like any other Mediterranean dip which you can serve with toasted pita wedges, pita bread, nachos or chips. You can also serve it with raw veggies like cucumber rounds, bell pepper sticks or carrot sticks.
An excerpt from our Chef’s Notebook: The se’SAME’ tahini based Baba Ganoush needs a revamp. What if we replace it with the Hemptyful Salt & Pepper Dip? It’s got a super tangy flavour that can make the revamp truly outstanding and the creaminess similar to tahini. Plus it would also make it healthier with all the proteins and omega-3s and vitamins and minerals!!! Let me try this ASAP